As 2017 draws to a close, I will remember this one as a building year & one where things got personal. Two years ago this little photography business was officially formed & I decided to dive head first into the world of weddings. I set a goal to become more intentional with my couples. And just this spring I walked into the bridal suite & the bride exclaimed, "Debby is here! It's really real. Today is my wedding day!" That simple statement meant the world to me. In that moment, all the hard work, all the hours spent behind the computer & camera, & all the struggles as a small business owner became worth it.
You see because I believe in cheering you on throughout your journey. Not just the day my brides step into their dress of white.
So today I celebrate another year of being able to pursue my passion. Another year where I was invited to capture over a dozen love stories. Another year of tickle fights & puppy kisses. Another year of heart to hearts shared over cups of coffee. And y'all that is a reason to celebrate.
- Discovered 17hats & began a workflow sequence that saves me from hours of bookkeeping. #notabusinessmajor
- RISING TIDES SOCIETY - One of my goals this year was to network with other vendors & other creatives in the area. And what an answer to prayer this group was. Once a month we gather on Tuesdays to discuss a topic as small business owners. We encourage one another & support each others' dreams.
"We believe that when creatives rise, the world is changed for the better. Together, we are empowering the creative economy to pursue their passion with the support of a community."
- Started 12 tickle fights between parents & children that induced good ol' belly laughter.
- Played dress up with five of my Deborah Michelle Brides as we awaited their wedding days.
- Traveled nearly 9,000 miles all while consuming more than 400 cups of coffee & many Chickfila cookies.
- Celebrated 10 seniors. Some with confetti, one with a proposal & another with a baby announcement!
- Reconnected with DMP couples as they embarked on a new adventure known as parenthood!
- Enjoyed many puppy kisses. *Pups are always welcomed as long as I am a photographer!
- Smiled so much my cheeks hurt after meeting new couples who will get married in the new year!
To everyone who had a part in making 2017 memorable, thank you. You taught me more about myself & how to be a successful girl boss. You encouraged me & challenged me. You brought my heart much joy when you asked me to capture this season of life for you & your family. I will treasure all the friendships made & the lessons learned.
2018 has some big shoes to fill, but I have a feeling it will be extra special for this photographer who will now become a bride!